Poutine of crispy veal sweetbread
Montreal's Poutine week is back! Stand out and offer a veal poutine!
- 200 g (1/2 lb) veal sweetbread
- Flour in sufficient quantity
- Egg in sufficient quantity
- Breadcrumbs in sufficient quantity
- Oil in sufficient quantity
- 1 cup (250 ml) prepared veal stock
- 375 ml (1½ cups) demi-glace sauce
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) Cajun seasoning or for more spicy sauce, increase the amount of seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fried potatoes
- Cheese curds
- In a casserole, pour the veal stock, demi-glace and Cajun seasoning. Bring to boil and reduce the sauce to a creamy sauce. If necessary, adjust the seasoning by adding salt and pepper.
- Pare the sweetbreads and place them in a cold lemon water.
- Separate the lobes taking care to remove the connective and adipose tissues surrounding the sweetbreads and return them to the lemon water.
- Drain the sweetbreads and then bread them in flour, egg and breadcrumbs.
- Heat the oil and fry the sweetbreads until the breadcrumbs are golden and keep warm. Crispy sweetbreads can be prepared in advance and heated in the oven at 350°F (175°C) for about 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, alternate fries and cheese curds, add the sauce and finish with crispy sweetbreads.